Here we have taken our classic tonnarelli al pesto Genovese recipe from 'The Menu', and added pancetta for an extra bite!
All of our Italian ingredients are available in D&C Casa, our alimentari at 17 South Frederick Street.
INGREDIENTS - Serves 4-6
400g tonnarelli pasta
200g freshly grated Tuscan Pecorino
200g string beans
1 medium potato
4 heaped tablespoons of fresh Genovese pesto
100g of diced pancetta
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the potato quite small and cook in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Cook the string beans 'al dente' in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Saute the pancetta in extra virgin olive oil until it gains a nice rosy colour and set aside.
- Put the pesto in a small bowl and place it over a pot of simmering water for 1 minute less than the recommended cooking time and drain.
- Transfer the pasta to a large warm serving bowl, stir in the potato, string beans, warm pesto, pancetta and plenty of freshly grated Tuscan Pecorino cheese and serve.