Schiaffoni con asparagi, coda di rospo e timo
Ingredients - Serves 4 - 6
400g Schiaffoni or dried paccheri pasta from Gragnano
400g monkfish fillets, cut into chunks
250g fresh asparagus tips
1 sprig of fresh thyme
1 clove of garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
1/2 glass of dry white wine
6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
100ml vegetable broth
- Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of simmering salted water for a couple of minutes, then drain and dice.
- Saute the garlic, thyme and chilli in the oil, stir in the monkfish, add the wine and increase the heat momentarily to cook off the alcohol, then return to a low heat. Pour in the vegetable broth, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, according to the instructions on the packet, but for 1 minute less than the recommended cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Serve immediately.