Paccheri di Gragnano con gamberi e pomodoro
Ingredients - Serves 4-6
400g dried paccheri pasta from Gragnano
400g shelled Dublin Bay prawns
250ml tomato passata
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
1/2 glass of dry white wine
8 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 celery stick
Bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Prepare a light fish stock by simmering the heads and shells removed from the prawns, along with the carrot, onion and stick of celery in a saucepan of salted water for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid from the fish broth and discard the rest.
- Sauté the garlic and chilli on a gentle heat in the oil.
- Add the prawns and pour in the wine. Increase the heat momentarily to cook off the alcohol, then return to a low heat and add the tomato and 150ml of the fish stock. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the paccheri pasta al dente, according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and add to the sauce.
- Toss and serve immediately with the chopped parsley sprinkled over it.
Suggestion: Crushed pistachios can be added to this dish to give it an interesting texture.