Risotto con crema di asparagi e Pecorino
Ingredients - Serves 4 - 6
320g vialone nano or carnaroli rice
400g fresh asparagus tips
60g butter for creaming
150g Pecorino sheep's cheese - 100g grated and 50g shaved
150ml fresh single cream
3 shallots, finely diced
1 glass of dry whicte wine
1 1/2 litres of simmering vegetable broth
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
- Saute 2 shallots on a low heat in 2 tablespoons of the oil until they become translucent.
- Add the rice and leave it to absorb the flavours of the saucepan. Add the wine and increase the heat for half a minute to cook off the alcohol, then return to a low heat.
- Continue cooking over a low heat, adding the hot broth, ladle by ladle, stirring gently for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan sweat 1 shallot in the rest of the oil over a low heat and add the fresh asparagus along with a couple of spoons of vegetable broth, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put aside a couple of asparagus tips for decoration and place the rest along with the pan juices in a blender with the fresh cream and blitz quickly.
- Fold the asparagus cream into the risotto when it is al dente and cook for another couple of minutes, Cream by folding in the butter and grated Pecorino cheese.
- Add salt and pepper as desired, decorate with Pecorino flakes and asparagus, and serve immediately.
Suggesstion: Add a bunch of asparagus stalks to the broth and enhance the flavour.