Risotto ai funghi con petali di parmigiano
Ingredients - Serves 4-6
320g Carnaroli rice
150g Champignon mushrooms
100g Dried porcini mushrooms
100g Grated parmigiano
100g Parmigiano shavings
60g Butter for creaming
4 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1½ Litres of Vegetable Broth
2 Shallots, finely sliced
1 Glass of dry white wine
2 Tablespoons of milk
- Place porcini mushrooms in a bowl and cover with tepid water and 2 tablespoons of milk and leave aside for about an hour.
- Remove the water from the liquid with a slotted spoon, then strain the liquid and set aside for use in the risotto.
- Slice the champignon mushrooms thinly and shred the porcini.
- Sauté the shallots in the oil slowly over over a low heat until they become translucent.
- Add the porcini and champignon mushrooms followed by the rice and stir.
- Pour in the wine, increase the heat momentarily to cook off the alcohol, then return to a low heat.
- Add the porcini juice and start adding the vegetable broth ladle by ladle for about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Fold in the grated parmigiano and butter.
- Sprinkle with the parmigiano shavings and serve immediately.