400g pappardelle pasta
600g diced wild boar
500ml tomato passata
500ml red wine
2 sticks of celery
15/20 juniper berries
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt to taste
- Marinade the wild boar in a container with red wine, bay leaves, juniper berries and one of each of the carrot, celery and onion, for at least 12 hours.
- Pour some extra-virgin olive oil into a large pot. Chop the carrots, onion and celery into small dice and sauté for 4/5 minutes.
- Add the wild boar (without the marinade, but keep it for later), and sauté until it starts to change colour.
- You can then add the bayleaf, juniper berries and red wine. Wait until it is evaporated and then add the tomato. cook for around 2/3 hours until the meat is very soft, and nice brown colour from the red wine.
- Cook the Pappardelle al dente according to the instructions on the packet, drain and serve immediately with the ragu'. Add salt to taste, and enjoy!