Stracotto di agnello al forno con riduzione di vino rosso e balsamico
Ingredients - Serves 4 Abundantly
4 lamb shanks, trimmed of fat
1/2 kilo of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 bottle of full bodied red wine like Barbera d'Asti
1/2 glass of wine for deglazing
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
150ml balsamic red wine reduction
Generous sprig of rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a pestle and mortar, pound the cruched garlic, some of the rosemary and a tablespoon of the oil.
- Make some incisions here and
- there in each lamb shank and stuff with the rosemary and garlic paste.
- Drizzzle the rest of the oil inot a wide roasting tin and infuse the peeled garlie and the rest of the rosemary in it over a low heat on top of the stove.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and add the tomatoes. Pour in the half bottle of wine.
- Add the lamb shanks to the roasting tin, seal all over and place in the oven for an hour and a half. Pour the balsamic reduction over the lamb and continue to roast for a further 60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the shanks to a large serving platter and place the oven tin on the stove over a medium heat, pour in the 1/2 glass of wine and stir, incorporating the juices in the tin. Pour this sauce over the shanks. Serve with chickpeas or chilli and garlic lentils