This cake originates from the island of Capri and is wonderfully moist and indulgent. And with just five ingredients, it would be a shame not to try it out!
Ingredients - Serves 6
250g unsalted butter
250g dark chocolate 60%
300g coarse-ground almonds
200g granulated sugar
5 organic or free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Separate the whites from the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and beat the egg yolks.
- Snap the chocolate into small pieces, place in a bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile cream the butter and sugar and then stir in the beaten egg yolks.
- Incorporate the chocolate and almonds followed by the beaten egg whites.
- Place the mixture in a greased 22cm spring-form cake tin and cook for 1 hour at 180 degrees. Delicious warm with vanilla ice cream!